Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fresh Bass Dinner on the table...

Just enjoyed a cold piece of fresh caught Bass from last night's dinner! Jacks been keeping us stocked up with fresh Bass, so yummy... I cook it like my Mama did for my Daddy when we were kids...

All you need is:
  • Some beautiful fresh fish filets
  • 2 cups Oil
  • 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
  • 1 tsp Garlic Salt
  • 1 tsp Onion powder
  • 2 cups Corm meal
  • Egg's (optional) this will give you a heaver corn meal coating.
  • Cayenne pepper (optional)
  • Lemon pepper (optional) My sister adds this one
  • skillet of your choice
Mix all the dry ingredients together. (Adjust ingredients to taste) I shake them up in a bag, then throw in my fish filets, dipped in egg or just rinsed under water works just fine. Give the bag a good shake to coat your fish with the corn meal mix, then pull them out shaking lightly to remove some of the looser corn meal and place them in you skillet with your hot oil. Fry until golden and crispy. 

Note: I never measure, so you may need to adjust spices to your taste.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy. Where the pic of the fish fried up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol guess I was in to big of a hurry to eat! Next time I'll get some pics of it fried up :)

    ReplyDelete

Do To the enormous amounts of spam I will no longer take the time to moderate Anyone posting under anonymous... Sorry for the inconvenience but my email is blasted everyday with 40 to 50 anonymous posts that are junk mail. I just don't have the time to read each one before deleting.