Great share from:
"Didja know?" Banana Tips:
1. You can separate your banana bunches to slow down the ripening.
2. You can lightly write a message with a tooth pick in the banana peel and later it will turn brown and appear. (great for school lunches!)
3. You can rub the inside of a banana peel on a bug bite, scratch, or burn to relieve the pain and itch.
4. You can throw the peels in your compost or garden. The potassium helps the plants grow.
5. You can shine your shoes and house plants with the peel.
6. You can put the peels in the blender until creamy and use the cream to polish your silver.
7. You can remove splinters and warts by taping a piece of banana peel over the wart/splinters. Let those enzymes go to work!
8. You can tenderize your meats by adding a banana to the pan as you cook them or wrapping them in the peel.
9. You can make a hair conditioner with overripe bananas (blend half one up with an egg and a tablespoon of olive oil. Put it on your hair and wrap a plastic bag around it. Them maybe a warm towel. Leave on for 20 minutes)
10. You can peel the banana from the bottom and then you don't have to deal with the stringy things.
11. You can make a face mask by mashing the banana and mixing it with honey.
12. You can use it to help with high blood pressure, depression, PMS, anemia, brain fuel, stress, fevers, strokes, to stop smoking, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), ulcers, weight loss, heartburn, constipation, hang overs, energy, IBS, kidneys,bones eyesight and morning sickness.
13. You can use bananas to help maintain blood sugar
15. Make tons of variations of dairy free,gluten free,vegan, sugar free "ice cream." I'll post some recipes. My son loves these!
15. You can dip a banana into chocolate and then freeze for a healthy snack ( you probably knew that but I'm anal and didn't want to stop at 14)